RE: Vaccuume Advance

To: "'britcars@juno.com'" <britcars@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Vaccuume Advance
From: David Hall <dhall@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:25:03 -0800
Hi All!

I re-did the compression check last night (the right way - last year I
didn't turn the engine over enough) and I also hooked up a pressure
guage.  I got 125 lbs in 1,2, and 3, and 120 in 4.  The engine has
125K miles without a head rebuild.  It also has a hot street cam.
The pressure guage did indeed fluctuate!  I have another engine which
I am working on a rebuild because I know that this one is only getting
worse!

I did find that by pinching off the vaccuume hose I was able to steady
the fluctuations, but still get vaccuume.  Essentially, a small hole
acts like a low pass filter.

I think I'll step up my efforts on the rebuild to put into this car.

Thanks for the reply!

Dave Hall
http://www.pacifier.com/~dlhall
72 B GT