Re: Introduction & hoods

To: Bob Holton <bholton@golden.net>, MGS-Digest <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Introduction & hoods
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 97 20:10:34 GMT
> ... I can't seem to find
> anything on (here comes the new guy question) hoods.  The other MG's =
tops
> were easy to fold down, the 68 came right off, and the Midget went down=
 like
> a dream.  What, if I may be so bold, is the proper way to get this rasc=
al
> down smoothly and in a compact manner ...

I had a similar problem with my B, the dratted thing just wouldn't lie =
down
enough to get the tonneau cover over it.  Eventually I took it off and =
after
much puzzling solved it.

The second hoop has a strut at each end with a dog leg in it just before =
it
attaches to the hoop.  On mine the two angles on the dog leg were noticea=
bly
less than 90 degrees.  Increasing the angle let the whole assembly drop =
flat on
the wheel arches, there is now nothing sticking up above the cockpit rail=
.

PaulH
73 Roadster HD&H
75 V8 DD