Re: "69 Reflector Position

To: dr-doug@msn.com
Subject: Re: "69 Reflector Position
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:59:28 -0600 (CST)
doug russell writes:

> As the owner of 3 69s I empathize - non of them have the side markers.
> Apparently the side markers must have been pretty unpopular because I rarely
> see a 69 with them (either that or they fell off without notice or were
> impossible to fit back on once off - I haven't decided which yet).

Bear in mind the old story about cars being titled in the year SOLD.
Many so-called '69 models could actually fall into the '68 production
year.  To be sure, check the build date on the plate.

> I do know
> this - they do not go where the lighted side markers go!  I'd be great if
> someone on the list has a template or measurement method for getting them on.

If it were my car I'd leave 'em off, but whatever.  You can get a good
idea by looking at the brochure lovingly presented at the SOL image
archive:

ftp://ftp.team.net/sol/Images/

Look for files named w-mgb1.gif through w-mgb6.gif, although w-mgc2.gif
(MGC, not MGB) gives a great shot of the reflectors.

And dig those groovy duds...

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer in pieces (but getting there)
'72 MGB Tourer parts-o-rama

"I could go at any time..."