Re: "69 Reflector Position

To: jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com
Subject: Re: "69 Reflector Position
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 23:52:23 EST

Jack, the reflectors are about 1" below the stainless steel strip on the
side of the car.  Look inside the front wheel well and inside the trunk.
You'll probably see the small holes (3/16") that the factory drilled to
mount the reflectors.  Actually you'll probably won't see the holes you
may see some bondo that has been pushed through the hole.  They were
originally attached with  a small rivet type thingy (tech term) that has
a rubber keeper pushed over the end of it from inside the wheel wells or
the trunk.  Kinda like the MG emblem on the trunk lid.  I don't think the
rivet type thingy is available any more so you will have to pop rivet
them.

If you need more details let me know.  As far as I know mine are in the
original location.

Cheers,
.
Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster

AMGCR@compuserve.com )
>he might have some ideas (I've been meaning to do this myself but the
need has not been critical - in other words I'm lazy).