1976 Spitfire FS

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1976 Spitfire FS
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 09:42:59 -0800
Hey Listers:

I'm not an avid Spitfire fan (sorry!), but I have come accross a VERY clean
'76 for sale at a local used car dealership!  Here are the specs:

                "Supposedly" (I'm a born ~skeptic~)owned by 2 previous
owners with 70K original miles!
                very nice red paint, original?
                interior very good, used, no seat rips, etc.
                good soft top, usual hazing of side windows
                nice wood steering wheel, AM/FM radio, no cracks in
windscreen, etc.
                looked under bonnet, they have not steam cleaned (good!),
looks "natural"...good
                has car cover, apparently always sored inside with cover,
looks like it was!
                already has CA smog certificate, licensed until April '97
                Asking $3K, sounds like there is some room to negotiate!
                Overall, a very nice example of a late Spit!!

                Downside:  Apparently has a 1st gear synchro going out.  The
sound goes away at higher                          speeds.

                I have not driven this car or heard it run.

                Contact:  Rick or Jack, Hart's Auto Sales, 916.877.6338
Rick seems pretty low key!

If someone is REALLY interested, I am willing to shoot some jpg photos of
the car and email them to you!  Just part of the British car relocation
program!  See, us Left Coasters aren't all ~that bad~!

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components
Paradise, CA