Re: The Sacred Octagon/The Bulletin

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Sacred Octagon/The Bulletin
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:48:45 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Geoff Love wrote:

> Thank you, but no thank you.  Would that I had the time. The articles
> written by Chip Olds were and still are, invaluable.  It is sad he is no
> longer in a position to be able to make contributions of that nature.
> That, to my mind is the real stuff a club magazine is made of.  I have
> two copies, one for my workshop bench and one for the den.

And I hope the copy in your workshop is covered with greasey
fingerprints, indicating lots of practical use.  That's what I wrote all
that stuff for.

What blows my mind is that I did it all with a typewriter and gallons of
white-out. Remember those?  No cut and paste, no delete key, lots of
botched pages balled up and thrown on the floor.  If personal computers
had existed at the time, I might have stuck it out longer.  Oh well, that
was a long time ago, but I'm glad to hear that T-Type folks out there
are still finding it useful.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.