Re: Personalized Tags

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>, MGS-Digest <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Personalized Tags
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 97 19:56:01 GMT

>   I've always thought "B HAPPY" would be cute.  Course I also had a crazy
> idea to paint an MGB bright yellow, put black stripes across the boot and
> rear fenders, and get the plate "BMBL B"
>

> - ----
> Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
> Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
> Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit

When I restored 'Bee' I wanted an appropriate emblem to stick on the dash.  At
a classic car show I spotted just the thing, a chap selling enamel badges in
the exact shape I wanted.  He asked if I liked them, I said 'yes, I have one'
and he expressed considerable surprise.  The reason for his surprise?  Even
though it was a classic car show he was an apiarist.

A further twist came when I bought the V8 which we naturally christened 'Vee'.
 Now the Mother-In-Laws name is Vera, known as 'Vee' to her friends.  But even
my wife drew the line at having a picture of her Mother on the dash.

PaulH
73 Roadster HD&H
75 V8 DD