Re: Why British

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why British
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 22:18:37 -0700 (MST)
   When I was six years old, I went to the museum of science and industry
in Chicago with my grandmother and cousin. This was in 1956. The museum had
a replica old time city block on display. I don't know exactly what period
was being portrayed, but I do remember gas lamp posts along the street.
There was a photographer there set up to take your picture in an antique
car. Well my cousin and I got in the car and our picture was taken, I still
have the picture. What was the car? It was an MG-TD! This so called antique
car was only about four years old at the time. This was my first exposure to
a British car, also the first time I'd been in a sports car or convertable.
Needless to say I was very impressed by it. I think the old styling of the T
cars made them classics right out of the showroom. The MG T's have modern
mechanicals (if you consider the
50's modern, well I do) yet they look right at home next to a model T Ford.
I guess you could say the same about Morgans and they are still being made!
(I think MG did a better job in the looks department, though. Morgan owners,
please don't flame me.)

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 14 months and counting (the TD is winning)