Miatas :)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Miatas :)
From: elkhart@juno.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 09:06:07 EST
Please excuse any digression here. My perspective
is probably somewhat different than yours. I didn't
come into british sports cars with the silver spoon
crowd.
After assignment as a tank driver in the army and
working on the railroad for 6 years, the pickup truck
mind set begain to crack a bit. However after having
my head examined, I found I wasn't crazy after all and
that driving a small sports car was more practical
than driving a giant pickup around (empty most of the
time).
Buying a base coupe Fiero (4cyl.) brought on many
jeers from the guys wanting to know if I was going to
a tupperware party, etc..  I wanted a roadster.
Test driving a Miata really depressed me. It was like
driving a Plymouth Horizon with the top down.(No Soul)

I couldn't resist my '72 Midget.  And although I haven"t
driven a MGF, I am sure that it is at least time and again
the car that Miata is.

Just Plain Phil