Re: need help with MGB Transmission

To: murch@atlas.chem.utah.edu
Subject: Re: need help with MGB Transmission
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 16:29:57 EST
On Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:02:53 -0700 Paul Murch <murch@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
writes:

>I have been thinking about changning the transmition in my 66B for a
>while.  There is a company in Ca called Novus that sells kits.  I have
>the info here in front of me, they want $690 and the kit still needs
>the 280Z transmition (I could fax you a copy if you want).  I have
>called around and the transmitions are easy to find and pretty cheap.
>
>The kit is claims that no modifications are required to the body or
>engine.  I would like to hear if anyone has any experience with this
>kit.  It seems like it is a decent alternative to finding an original
>overdrive that would make the car reasonable for the new highway
>speeds
>of 65+
>
>Paul Murch
>66B

We have installed a couple of Novus kits and found that the Datsun 280Z
transmission is an excellent substitution - slick shifting and sensible
ratios.
Installation is relatively straightforward.

BTW, "new" highway speeds of 65+?  My BGT has always found it hard to
cruise at less than 75!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center