Re: Electrical field effects

To: "Glenn Stauffer" <stauffer@voicenet.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical field effects
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 19:40:09 -0500
Hi Glenn:

Thank you for your prompt post.  Unfortunately, re-location is impossible
without a complete re-wiring of the trailer.  All 115 volt and all 12 volt
current passes through this unit.  This is nearly an impossibility due to
the manufacturing methods used and is comparable to relocating the circuit
breaker panel in a home.  It would require a complete disassembly of the
interior and the manufacture and installation of new cable runs as well as
the difficulty of finding a new location for the unit.  It occupies
approximately 1 cu.ft., which in a trailer is a difficult amount of space
to find.  It would also require the re-location of the power supply cord
and exterior hatch/compartment which houses it.  I believe the only
practical solution is to shield it.

John