Re: Electrical field effects

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: Electrical field effects
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:40:07 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, John McEwen wrote:

> The problem is that the electrical converter in the trailer is located
> under the bed on my wife's side.  She knows that it is not healthy to sleep
> in close proximity to electrical fields.  She wants me to "do the right

As others have told you, there's no evidence that this would be harmful.
The highest em fields I believe come from electric razors, yet there are
a lot of electric razor users still alive and kicking.

However reason does not always persuade significant others.  TeriAnn
Wakeman has, among a batch of interesting stuff, a sheet of aluminum
4'x5'x1/8" for sale.  Suitably trimmed, it should fit under your wife.
You can ground it to the frame, and set her mind at ease.

I must say, though, I wonder why you have to run the thing at night.
Couldn't you just turn off the power?  Or change sides of the bed?

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910