EVERYTHING UNDER SUN

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: EVERYTHING UNDER SUN
From: Robert William Daugherty <n9682696@janice.cc.wwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:10:10 -0800 (PST)
        I made it and am still alive.  Thanks for all the input on my
fuel pump.  I just wish I had spent a few dollars on a light probe. I
replaced the fuel pump; no clicking noise.  Got under the hood and moved
a few wires; click click click, turn key and head off down the road.
        I haven't had a chance to read my email since the 20th, my god
people, I just skimmed through 577 messages, all from the mg list only.
Didn't read it all.  I did see something about a fire extinguisher. I
have what is supposedly the original fire extinguisher with its own
little pouch, it looks like a shaving cream bottle.  Is this really a
fire extinguisher or is the DPO pulling the DCO's leg.
        I was able to make the drive to and from Walla Walla WA from
Bellingham WA, and I thought it would be interesting to figure out all
the numbers, so here they are:

        Bellingham to Walla Walla
        Time: 5hours 40min   Ave speed: 61.59mph
        Total miles: 349  Gas uses: 11.5 gallons
        Fuel econ: 30.35mpg

        Walla Walla to Bellingham
        A little slower and a little more gas.

This was with two people (230lbs +), a microwave oven, spare tire,
 and luggage in that car, and on the way back include a very nice, and
heavy, stereo system(include: radio, amp, cd player, tape player, and two
speaker boxes).
        Well any way the results of the trip impressed me.  One, I didn't
think my beast could average that speed and two, I had no idea that I was
getting that kind of gas mileage.
        Well thats my adventure, hope you liked it.  Stay tuned fro more
of the "M(y) G(od) its expensive" show.

        Again I praise you all for your wealth of knowledge and
experience. I'm not worthy.

Robert D.

1978MG(yes, rubber bumper)B(ut still fun)