MGB GT questions & FS?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB GT questions & FS?
From: "Brian Foster" <brian_foster@smtpgate.tais.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 97 11:42:48 PST
     I went to look at that early 1970's MGB GT in Southern California
     posted on the list a couple of days ago and I have some questions:

     1) rust is pretty bad in the rocker panels making the car
     non-recoverable I fear (there appears to be a box section behind the
     outer sill -- if that's true, then the outer portion of the box is
     gone). However, the car must have been built very near the 250,000th B
     to come off the line. What was the VIN# of the 250,000th car? I
     assumed it would be GH_5UB250101... but maybe I am missing the VIN
     sequence. This car had a badge on the passenger side that commemorates
     the 250,000th B.

     2) Secondly, the MG was a bright Orange. Can anyone tell me what the
     official MG name for this color is?

     3) If I decide to buy the car, it may be only salvageable for parts. I
     need the head and interior if I do this. So... is anyone interested in
     the rest of the car? The rest of the metal panels are actually very
     good. It appears the car suffered from road salt in Massachusetts so
     only the bottom of the rockers is bad. The inner boxing and structure
     is excellent (1 of the fenders is off).

     I get the digest version, so please reply directly to me.

     Brian
     brian_foster@smtpgate.tais.com