Re: Violated!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Violated!
From: "maintenance" <recet@ij.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 97 09:41:39 PDT
As long as we're discussing social problems slightly related to our cars, I
would like to know what is wrong with drivers education in this country?
It seems the phrase "Drive right pass left" is unknown here. At least the
people that visit Florida don't seem to have any idea that the right lane is
the driving lane and the left is to be occupied for a short time while
passing
a slower car. It's really a simple process, you approach a slower car, you
turn on your left turn signal, you change lanes, pass the car, turn on your
right turn signal, and finally change lanes back to the right. It seems
simple
but each year when our roads are choked with tourists, spring breakers and
snowbirds it becomes obvious that this simple rule has never been learned.
Some of us are not on vacation. Get out of the way. You'll find the Mouse
House just fine from the right lane. The speed limit is 70, 79 is the limit
of the
$25 ticket and a good cruising speed.
Sorry about the venting and I appreciate the chance to let it go.
Gerald Fuhr
Bushnell Florida
96 Mustang
73 MGB