Autocross at Danville was a blow out

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Autocross at Danville was a blow out
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 17:04:00 EDT
Vermillion County Airport, Danville, Illinois.  Saturday morning, 60dF,
gusty and jacket weather, all set up, everyone registered, first car on
the starting line at 12:15 pm.  We're using the north end of the
north/south runway.  Wind 40 mph gusting to 50 mph directly out of the
south.  Other runway is WSW to ENE, heavy cross wind, so the airport
manager shut us down to reopen the N/S runway for air traffic.

Sunday morning early, wind 35 mph from the south-west, looking good for
air traffic on the WSW/ENE runway.  But, wind was gaining in velocity and
modulating direction.  Management wants to keep the N/S runway open, just
in case.  So, we pick up the equipment and leave.

So the autocross really was a blow out.  Not a real good race weekend,
but we'll reschedule it for a later date.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA