Re: TD Full Tonneau Question

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: TD Full Tonneau Question
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 20:18:10 -0400
Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> I'm in the process of prepping the body of my TD for painting. I plan on
> installing a full tonneau cover. It looks like there are about three sets of
> tonneau stud holes already drilled in the body. Is there a standard hole
> pattern for the tonneau or is each installation a custom job? Do tonneaus
> come with the
> snaps already on? Should I fill in all the holes and start from scratch
> after painting?
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
> rdonahue@holli.com
> 53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
> 71 MGB still in shop, 17 months and counting
> Hi Bob,
     New tonneau covers are like batter-whipped Sunbeam bread, "Look Ma,
no holes!" You will have to (want to) install the snaps in your new
tonneau cover. If you look at the set of photos in Anders Ditlev
Clausager's book, "Original MG T Series, The Restorer's Guide to MG TA,
TB, TC, TD, and TF", you can see the set of tonneau cover cover studs on
the TD. I'd suggest that you compare them with the holes in your tub
and, if some match, use them.
    I see that your listing in the NEMGTR Directory doesn't have your
car, member #, or e-mail address listed. Can I pencil the above in as
your e-mail address?

Regards,

Bud Krueger, #9826