Re: Dunlop SP4n vs SP20 tires

To: barneymg@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dunlop SP4n vs SP20 tires
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:04:41 -0400 (EDT)

<< , nope.  Production of SP4n continued until June 1996.  People were
 still buying old stock as recently as two months ago.

Barney,
         Perhaps we're talking two different sizes, mine would be 14 inch and
yours would be 15?  I know I was told back in 93 that Dunlop had discontinued
the sp4 in14 inch.  The store had my cash in hand on a Sunday and called on
Monday and said they were no longer available from the factory.   Took two
weeks to receive my refund from their main office. (Western Auto)  I got
lucky and found a dealer in Colorado Springs that had four of them on the
shelf.  Before I found the four locally, I had friends on both coasts looking
for me as well as people in the heartland.  They all eventually came up with
about three sets of tires.  Boy I wish I had stocked up then.
                                 Bill in Colorado
ps If anyone works for a major auto manufacturer, why not convince the
company to supply 165-14's on your next compact car.  I'm sure Dunlop would
begin manufacturing them again.