Re: 1978 MGB - Mallory Distributor

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: 1978 MGB - Mallory Distributor
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 08:57:17 -0500 (CDT)
Robert Allen writes:

> Vacuum advance increases fuel economy and provides for smoother running
> when cruising. It does nothing (for or against) performance. When using
> Vacuum Advance, it must be connected to *ported vacuum* which is a port
> just aft of the throttle plates on the carb -- not manifold vaccum as it
> used by the power brakes. You want vaccum advance to go away as soon as
> the throttle position increases.

For reference, the box-stock Lucas dizzy on my box-stock '74 uses
manifold vacuum, taken from one end of the balance pipe.  It's
definitely closer to the block than to the carb butterfly.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer in pieces (but getting there [slowly])

(witty quote here)