RE: Bearings of alternator

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Bearings of alternator
From: "C.C." <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 97 23:38:12 -0500 (CDT)
The bearings and seals at these supply houses are much better brands as
well, instead of the ones from moss and others which are the "whatever we
can get cheap" brand and over priced at that...
just my  .02 worth.
CC
72 B daily driver]

At 10:18 PM 4/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Jay,
>
>Look in the yellow pages under "bearings" for a bearing supply house in
your area. Bearings and bushings come in standard sizes and a good supply
house can find what you need by the number on the old bearing, by size, and
sometimes by application. You may end up going to see them in person with
the alternator (disassembled) to let them look at it if you can't provide
enough info over the phone. I've never had too many problems getting MG
bearings or seals at these places and usually at a better price.