Re: MGB-GT to Roadster conversion

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: MGB-GT to Roadster conversion
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 15 Apr 97 07:04:47 PDT
My question is why?  Roadsters were more common than GTs, at least in
the USA, also the front fenders of the GT and roadster are
significantly different.  You would have to do some extensive mods to
get the roadster windscreen frame to fit on a GT, including changing
both fenders and the scuttle (cowl) panel.

I will admit that Aston Martin did a conversion of a GT
to a roadster as a demonstrator for their attempted bailout of MG in
1981. They retained the GT windscreen, reinforcing the surround to
allow it to stand without the GT roof.  This car came up for sale in the
UK several years ago.

I say leave the dwindling number of GTs alone.  They are rare enough
to exist in their own right.

Paul (have owned 4 GTs) Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com