Engagement of O/D

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engagement of O/D
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:44:13 -0500 (CDT)
I Know, I Know, are you guys ever going to hear the end of my having
O/D? Probably not. I remember sometime ago overhearing a disagreement
on the proper way of engaging overdrive. Since I didn't have one in a
car at the time I didn't listen long enough to hear the resolve.

I noticed that when I switch on the O/D there is a surge caused by the
sudden change in ratio. I have tried disengaging the clutch then
engaging the the O/D and re-engaging clutch and this seems to make to
transition smoother or almost the same as shifting into a 5th gear. I'm
interested in how others operate their O/D equipped Bs. I'm also
wondering if there is better way in terms of wear on parts.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch