RE: Engagement of O/D

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Engagement of O/D
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: Engagement of O/D
Date: Tuesday,April 15,1997 7:44PM

I Know, I Know, are you guys ever going to hear the end of my having
O/D? Probably not. I remember sometime ago overhearing a disagreement
on the proper way of engaging overdrive. Since I didn't have one in a
car at the time I didn't listen long enough to hear the resolve.

I noticed that when I switch on the O/D there is a surge caused by the
sudden change in ratio. I have tried disengaging the clutch then
engaging the the O/D and re-engaging clutch and this seems to make to
transition smoother or almost the same as shifting into a 5th gear. I'm
interested in how others operate their O/D equipped Bs. I'm also
wondering if there is better way in terms of wear on parts.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch