Re: Hello and some questions...

To: <jkurtz@student.med.harvard.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hello and some questions...
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:18:48 -0400
> First off, hi from a new subscriber.  Important things about me:
>
> 1.  '79 MGB roadster driven as my only car
>                 (it runs, but with a weber carb and sony stereo)

Hmm, I take it you didn't do the mods...?

> 2.  biology student still in school
>                 (thus mechanically shakey and little money  :(

Don't worry you aren't the only one, me and a few others are still in
various stages of the education system.  Don't worry about your automotive
skills, I had no idea what a sill was until I heard some of the brits on
this list talk about it.  Hey, today in Bio we disected a frog......and
yesterday it was a 40 pound carp.

> 3.  was driven home from hospital after birth in an MG
>                 (it is in my blood and I seem to be funding my
>                   mechanics retirement fund)

God damn it, can't you do anything right.  You probally ruined the Connoly
Leather, if it was a proper MG!

> I have been slowly working my way to doing more and more work
> on it myself, but it can be difficult.  Thanks to the hints for
> re-adjusting the steering wheel.  That will be this weekend's project.
>
> But, my two questions are: First, a very kind vandal knocked off my
> driver's side door mirror (and placed it back on my car for me), but
> i cannot get the stupid screw out of the mirrow so i can screw it
> back onto the new holding plate (sorry for such poor jargon).  Do
> I have to get it machined out, or is there a trick.

What you really want that ugly mirror on your car?  Get a mirror like the
"bullet style".

> Second, and i do not mean to offend anyone, but when I bought the
> car 5 years ago, the wheels were already rusted pretty bad.  With the
> recent paint job and new tires, I was curious if there was a way
> to maybe repaint them in a silver or chrome paint to make them
> look somewhat nice?  Believe me, if I had 800 free bucks, I would
> get new ones.  So if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly
> appreciate it.

Hmm, get GOOD USED ones.  Why the hell would you ride on rusty wheels?

Hey does jkurtz@student.med.harvard.edu, mean that you are a student
attending Harvard Medical school?  :-)

Cheers,

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com