Midget Leaf Springs

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Leaf Springs
From: "JSBrown" <brownjs@gwi.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:08:52 -0400
I have a 1973 Midget which is going through a total restoration. I just
reinstalled the
front and rear suspension and put the wheels on to find the rear end
sitting way too
high. I can't even get the rebound straps installed. It's as if the springs
somehow re-curved themselves during the years they were off the car. I did
put on uprated refurbished lever shocks from Apple Hydraulics. Has anyone
experienced this? Could it
be the shocks vs the springs? Do I need to take the springs off to have the
curvature
changed? Any advice/experience would be appreciated.
J. Stanley Brown
1973 Midget (last of the chrome bumpered 1275's)