Cruise Control

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cruise Control
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:55:31 EDT
I put cruise control on the MGB yesterday, and was wondering if anyone
has done the same?  If so, where did you locate the sensor that measures
roadspeed?  My system has a magnet that is placed on the driveshaft and a
sensor that is mounted near that.  The problem is that the only place to
mount the sensor was near the battery boxes, almost where the driveshaft
has its greatest vertical movement.  The resulting geometry changes when
the suspension is in action destroys the alignment of the sensor and the
magnet, resulting in system failure.

Can someone advise where they located their sensor?

Thanks,
Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com