Re: Cruise Control

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Cruise Control
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:12:04 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:55:31 EDT thomas_pokrefke@juno.com writes:
> > ..... Can someone advise where they located their sensor?
>
> Hang a sensor bracket off the rear extension housing of the gearbox.  Put
> the magnets on the front end of the driveshaft very near the front
> universal joint.
>
> FWIW, I have never used the magnets.  For a manual gearbox you can
> install the type of cruise control that takes its signal with one wire
> from the dizzy side of the coil.
>
> Barney Gaylord
> 1958 MGA

FWIW -
        I like Barney's idea.  When you purchase a cruise control, make sure to
get one that can sense engine rpm, even if it uses the magnets on the
driveshaft also.  A good control will release if it senses a sudden (as
in uncontrolled) increase in engine rpm.  That way, if you press the
clutch while the cruise is engaged, it will shut down and not reach your
engine's true MAX RPM!!

--
Keep on keepin' on!

Wayne Kube              wkube@iadfw.net