Re: odd midget parts...

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>,
Subject: Re: odd midget parts...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 00:45:54 -0400
J. Adrian Barnes wrote:
> {I} keep finding parts that I hadn't noticed on either of
> my previous two midgets (another 75 and a 78).  I figured one of them
> to be some type of control box for the speedometer cable

  That is probably the unit that counts the life of the EGR
service. All it does is count miles, and when it gets to
a certain amount (something high, like 50,000) it lights
the light on the centre console indicating that you need
to visit the shop. They were to reset the unit with a special
key after checking the emissions devices.

> but another is this cylinder-looking thing that mounts on
> the driver's side wheel arch inside the fender, near the
> brake housing.  It has some wires going to it, and a metal
> hose containing some sort of fluid, oil or grease...i
> haven't taken it apart yet.  Anybody have any idea what
> this is?

  ....wiper motor?

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /