Re: The Eternal Quest

To: rmason@ro.com
Subject: Re: The Eternal Quest
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 11:31:55 EDT
On Sat, 26 Apr 1997 07:17:47 -0500 Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com> writes:

>asked "Well - what is it then?"  I thought for a few swconds, and told
>him
>it was a '73.  "Yeah...that's what I meant. Real purty."

I have had a similar experience, especially in the South.  Someone will
ask me "what model is it?," and I will answer "MGA."  Then they will say
"OK, but what MODEL is it?"--  "M...G...A."  "Yeah, but what model IS
it?" "It's a Mark II" "That's neat, what model?"

Finally I'll ken onto this and say "1962" and they'll nod their heads
like that was really what they wanted to know.  Now when people ask me
"what model," I lead off with the year.  Just a difference in
terminology, I guess.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX