Re: The Eternal Quest

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Eternal Quest
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 07:17:47 -0500
At 05:13 PM 4/25/97 -0500, Bill Schleusner wrote:

>If I talk to one more Goober who doesn't know sh*t about his own car I'm
>going to scream.

Made me think of a conversation I had yesterday.  A guy walked up to me,
looking at my '73B and asked in typical Alabama draw "what is that thar, a
Spitfar?"  Realizing he was not aware of the sin he committed, I politely
explained that it was an MGB.  "Oh, an MGB Spitfar?"  I then explained that
the Spitfire was made by Tr**mph, and that the MGB was made by MG.  He then
asked "Well - what is it then?"  I thought for a few swconds, and told him
it was a '73.  "Yeah...that's what I meant. Real purty."

Rich
with a "real purty" '73B
Huntsville, AL
e-mail----> rmason@ro.com