THE ETERNAL QUEST & SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: THE ETERNAL QUEST & SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY
From: Clark Chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:43:58 -0600
I think I may have met the guy "you all" have been talking about. He was
in a gas station in Memphis Friday.  He seems to be on a quest to learn
the lore and magical attraction of LBC's.  It was educational for me
also.. I "learnt" a new use of the word "Anhauser".

Conversation went something like:

"How-ol-zat thin?"
It's an '80.
"Lukz gud, an MG ain't it."
It's an MGB.
"Anhauser gas milage?"
Purdy gud... but I drive it for the fun, not the economy of operation.
"Uh Huh... surz nice,  hava gudurn."
You have a gudurn also?

I am passing this along so's the northerners on the list can be
a-pract'cin up to continue contributing to this LBC "convert to be's"
knowledge of our addiction.  From the look of the truck he was driving,
he seems to have the desire to restore something.  It looks alot like
the cars we seem drawn too.

Rust in all the normal places, needs new interior and most all glass, a
rock under the rear tire for a parking brake and most of all, 3
different size tires for testing purposes.

Hava gudurn,
Clark Chilton
80 MGB LE Cybil (due to the many personalities)
96 Black Lab/Border Collie - Courtney