Re: Cruise control

To: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Cruise control
From: Stefanie Davis <stefanie@bpe.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:52:07 -0700

>>>manual
>one
>>>
>          <snip>
>
>===Reply===
>
>I used to have a VW Bus, on which I'd installed the world's simplest cruise
>control:  a brick.  Placed delicately but firmly on the throttle, it'd
>maintain 65 on the flat, 50 uphill.  A slight rearward movement with the
>right foot for "Disengage", forward for "Resume."  On a VW bus, there was no
>such thing as "Accel"!
>
>Mark Moburg
>markmoburg@mindspring.com

Ah yes, my 66 VW bug came equipped with what was affectionately known as
the "Mason Cruise Control" -- a brick from the back fence we tore down one
summer.  When I sold the car, I gave the new owner the cruise control
option at no extra charge.

I thought I was the only one to use that one....

; )

www.bpe.com/about/davis.html
(no car pictures yet)