Re: bar-b-q

To: DWilsonGA@aol.com
Subject: Re: bar-b-q
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 23:00:12 +0100
DWilsonGA@aol.com wrote:

> Ah yes, the midwest home of such stellar attractions as..........
>
> Where the people are known for their...................
>
> Oh well, someone has to be vanilla. ;)

Yeah, you're breaking my heart.

I just got my 'new' toy legal. After running my 1975 TR6 out of the
highly populated and legislated "Valley of the Sun" in Arizona, and
getting it back to the belly button of America, I had a hard time
getting it to pass inspection.

Flunk the smog test? Nah, not enough people to need that yet. It flunked
it's saftey inspection because Montgomery Wards said the inner tie rod
on the right side was loose. And they were right. The $12 nylon cup that
holds the ball of the ball-in-socket was cracked.

If you wanna know what we're known for: I had the SO stop by the city
counter of Victoria British and pick me up the part on her way home from
work.

*Public Safety Contributions*

Safety inspection: $7

License plate fee: $31 + 6.4% sales tax.

12 months of full coverage 'geazer' insurance: $122

If I learn to like this goofy roadster and don't sell it by January 1st,
I'll have to pay personal property tax on it in December of 1998. It'll
be about $50.

Yep, you beautiful people need to stay close to your coasts and
mountains. I'll just have to get by with the 1000s of miles of gently
country curves and hills on these deserted Missouri two lanes.

And if any old codger want's to shoot the breeze about these silly
furin' cars, I got the time and inclination to hear him out.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
ex-Venice, CA; ex-Dallas, TX; ex-Phoenix, AZ
and a lot of other places in the rearview, too.
But now I'm home.