another Midget mystery part

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: another Midget mystery part
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@alpha.shianet.org>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 18:49:11 -0400
When someone recently asked and got an answer to the plastic tee in the
trunk question, I decided to ask about one which I have wondered about. On
the tonneau cover for my 71 Midget, are 2 tabs about halfway front to back,
and near the center zipper. They are about 2" by 3" and have lift dot
fasteners in the center. What are these for, and what are they supposed to
fasten too?  If you don't know, maybe we can think of something.

                               Mike Ellsworth
                               71 Midget