Re: MGTD Battery

To: lee.fleisher@mcmail.vanderbilt.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGTD Battery
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 16:07:30 -0700
Lee:

The factory called for a series 27 battery. I use a series 24, which is
cheaper and works just fine. It is narrower also. Before you start your
XPAG ENGINE, If at all possible, pressure oil it with an outside
pressure/oil bottle. Then start the engine and bring it right up to
1500/2000 RPM. Dont let it idle at less than 1500 RPM. This is very
important in setting the cam. After running it or driveing it for approx.
one hour, you can set normal idle 900/1000 RPM. For break in use a good
heavy duty detergent oil SAE 30. Once the engine is broken in, you can go
to multi grade. I prefer Pure synthetic SAE 20-50. My oil of choice is
Amsoil. I hope that this answers some of your questions.

Cheers: