Re: Miscellania

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Miscellania
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 23:12:21 EDT
Mike I just removed the dash from my 1976 parts car this weekend.  Your
on the right track.  The right two nuts are the easy ones.  The center
one is just that, in the center, hard to get to, I went from the glove
box as well as from under the dash.  I removed the speedo and tach for
access to the left two.  I used the appropriate socket (I can't remember
the size) and about 14 to 15 inches of extension.  To remove one of the
left ones (I can't remember which one) I had to use a universal joint.
This whole job was a bit more complicated than when I removed the dash
from my 1969.  It seems as though the nuts were a bit more accessable on
the 1969.  And yes, I recommend that you label the wires!

That center air vent is a bit tricky.  I haven't done one in quite a
while.  What I do remember is that the fasteners are friction fastners,
or push nuts (there are various terms for these fastners).  They are the
little flat springy things that push on but never come off.  Kinda a one
way thing.  Good luck.

Cheers,
Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster