Re: Visor clips

To: jameyh@charles.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: Visor clips
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 09:38:28 EDT
Jamey, the standard procedure is to drill out the rivets.  Choose a drill
bit larger than the center hole of the rivet.  (probably about 3/16?).
Drill slowly and from various slight angles until the head of the rivet
falls off then remove the visor clip.

You can probably can buy a pop rivet gun for less than $10.00, the best
ones are probably less than $20.00.  There are some items where a rivet
gun with a small "snout" on the front is helpful.  You'll know what I
mean about a "snout" when you look for a rivet gun.

Cheers,
Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas