RE: duct tape, wire, chewing gum, etc

To: mgs
Subject: RE: duct tape, wire, chewing gum, etc
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 02:09:59 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[deniset@ranplc.co.uk]]

     Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 13:45:35 +0100
     From: deniset@ranplc.co.uk
     Subject: One down...

...and three to go.

Hello again from London!

The '67 MGB that runs has been sold.  Still available are the non-running
'67 B and those two adorable MG 1100's that run and are driveable.  Maybe I
should point out that the 1100's are not merely cute and driveable and only
300 GBP, but they're also rolling parts supplies for Minis.  One even
comes with a spare complete 1098 drivetrain.

In other news, I'm sorely disappointed in the weather.  I'd heard all these
wonderful stories about rain and snow and fog and not seeing the sun for
months at a time and it's been sunny most of the time I've been here.  I'm
weather deprived.  I was encouraged by a post card that had the caption,
"A foggy day in London" and was otherwise uniformly grey, but it turns out
that the fog of Sherlock Holmes stories no longer exists.  This is false
advertising!  I'm shocked!  What cherished illusions will be shattered next?

A while back, someone pointed out that the British tend to name their cars.
I don't know about that but they do name their trucks.  Oddly, they're all
named "Laurie."

I'm not on the list anymore so I won't receive your pithy comments unless
you cc me.

Denise Thorpe
deniset@ranplc.co.uk