Tell me it aint so!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tell me it aint so!
From: Jim Buckley <buckley@mesa7.mesa.colorado.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 06:39:38 -0600 (MDT)
Please tell me there is an easy way.  Temp/oil guage is obviously in need
of work (parts loose behind the face), so I thought it would be easy like
my son's '64 Sprite to just slip my hand up under/behind the dash and be
able to get to gauges to remove them!  Ha!  My '70 Midget has more
"stuff" and less room than . . . well I don't know what comparison to
make, but there is not enough room to get fingers up, let alone a hand.
Looking in the manual, it seems to imply that you have to remove the
whole dash to get access, including dropping the steering wheel, etc.

Anybody have any experience doing this and/or tips to make it easier?

Also, tracing out the other way, the temp sender is mounted in the head
rather than the radiator - is this normal?  The "tube" running from the
temp sender is partially missing.  The manual that this thing is filled
with mercury??????  Are they available?  I could not find in the Vickie
catalog, nor the Mini Mania.

Thanks for any ideas/tips

Jim                    buckley@mesastate.edu

'70 Midget