Re: Shifting into First

To: Bob Gaughan <gaughan@highway1.com>
Subject: Re: Shifting into First
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:43:09 -0700
Bob Gaughan wrote:

> Any optimum way of shifting into a non-synchro first gear on a '61 MGA
> 1600 without grinding up a pound and a half each time?
>
> Thanks, Bob Gaughan

Bob,

If you're talking about shifting into first gear from a dead stop, try
moving the gear lever into second gear first, then put it into first.  If
you're talking about shifting into first while moving - which I assume
you are, learn how to double-clutch.  If nobody else jumps in here to
explain, I'll do later but have to leave right now.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/