RE: MG Songs and now books.

To: Haynes.Daniel@tci.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MG Songs and now books.
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 21:03:14 +0800
> I love music and the songs are great, but my first experience with an MG
> came
> about because of a Scholastic book bought at school.  When I was an
> elementary child (during the 60's), I bought and read a book called "MG
> Racer".  It was about a young teenager who bought and raced an MG TC.

<SNIP>

> I lost the book, but gained a love for the marquee.  If anyone knows
> where to
> find that title or has also read the book, l'd love to chat about it.

Daniel:

That sounds very much like a juvenile fiction book titled "The Red Car" which I
read a decade earlier in junior high school. I'm not sure if that was what
launched my interest in LBCs or if it was Tom McCahill's road test of the MGA
in Popular Mechanics Magazine published about the same time, in the mid-'50s.

Regards,
Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)