New bearings- here we go again, Fashion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New bearings- here we go again, Fashion
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:34:51 -0500
Well I got the pan off the A last night about 10pm.  It looks too clean in
there to be 35 years old!  As usual, the job as originally defined has
changed slightly.

I have decided to leave the rocker arm shaft for another time.  I will see
how the pressure is after I change the bearings.

Thanks to Barney's and other's inputs, I feel confident enuogh to try the
mains as well as the rods.  Mike, my neighbor and fellow lister, has a
puller that I think will work in the confined space under the car.

To get the front pan bolts out, I had to jack up the engine a tad.  This
exposed a broken left motor mount so I will have to replace that.  My
emergency brake cable is bad, also (outer housing broken so it sticks on)
and I expect that it will also be updated.

I hope to get the rod bearings and at least the middle main bearing out
tonight so that I can order parts tommorrow.  I am keeping my fingers
crossed that I will find no unpleasant surprises.

I have written a few posts to this list but never have I gotten a response
to compare with this outcry.  Trash Tri**phs, no problem.  Belittle bell
bottoms and feel the wrath of the list!  Hey, I used to wear them, too!  Oh
well, all in good fun ;-)

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA on jackstands again