Re: Delco alternator/bolt it right on

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Delco alternator/bolt it right on
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 07:17:28 -0500 (CDT)
Page 45 of MGB Driver (the North American MGB Register's "Journal") has
an advert for: "Rebuilt Delco 62 amp Alternators modified to bolt on
your MGB, 20 minute installation  $129.95, Also available: U.S. made
fan motors for 1977-1980 MGB, Keep your engine cool for only $46.95."

Stepping on to soap box now, proceed with caution: Membership in at
least one of the national clubs is absolutely neccessary to insure you
recieve the most update info around. Granted that I was labeled a
"fanatic" in lew of"enthusiast" quite some time ago. The secret to
successfully keeping these car on the road is having the info available
to you in term of do it yourself advice and/or where to take your LBC
went problem solving is apparently beyond your skill level or requires
work area you don't have. Membership in a club will help you when the
chips are down.  Of course, the icing on the cake is the friendships
you can make but do I really need to hang out in an English pub in the
middle of Carlisle village, having dinner with the likes of, V8 driving
Englishman Percussionist living in St. Louis and Scottish paperhangers
living in Central Jersey along with Jag parts salesman(and son) from
IL, Lawyer from Manhattan and I'm not sure what the "limey" from Ct.
does(as little as possible is what I gathered)? I will tell you that
one evening with a bunch like this can do one of a few things: either,
1- put alot of confused thoughts into perspective for you or 2-
deminish any hope you may have had in the future of mankind, 3- make
you ask the question "yeah but, is ANYBODY really normal?"

Join a club and stay informed. Get involved and maybe gain whole new
outlook on life.

Safety Fast, David Deutsch