Re: Oil Pressure

To: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: Rick Jennings <ijsceva@kcnet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 1990 01:20:06 -0600
At 11:28 AM 5/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Craig Wiper!!
>
> Craig Wiper wrote:
> >
> > I serviced the B last month. I replaced the  oil and put on a new Unipart
> > spin-on filter and hand tightened it as usual. Well, my pressure is back up
> > to where it always has been. The culprit was a Fram oil filter which was
> > obviously not working properly.
>
>> Nope. I'd bet on the oil.
>>
>> Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
>
>Me Too...
>
>TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen
>
>I had similar problems with inconsistent oil pressure. Switched the Fram filter
 for a Wix. Pressure was steady and consistent. At the next change put a Fram
 on, with a new Wix on hand. Experienced same pressure problems as with the
 previous Fram. Put the Wix on and everything is good.

 Is it possible that the internal bypass spring on the Frams may vary enough in
 strength that they react differently dependent on oil temp./pressure?

 I make no claim to be an expert. Just relating my personal experience.

 Rick Jennings
 77 B