FW: Parts for sale

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Parts for sale
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 13:30:00 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[deniset@ranplc.co.uk]]

     Date: Mon, 19 May 97 13:41:21 +0100
     From: deniset@ranplc.co.uk
     Subject: Parts for sale

I'll be in San Diego June 8-15 and I'd like to get rid of some stuff so I
don't have to slog it up to my mother's in San Luis Obispo.  Here's the
scoop.

Cooper S engine and trans.  Obviously rebuilt before I got it.  The bottom
   end is assembled but the head is off.  The cylinders are smooth and the
   pistons are new and .060 over.  I had the head magnafluxed and it has no
   cracks and needs no work.  The engine is complete from valve cover to
   trans case and from front pulley to clutch cover plus it has the oil
   filter assembly.  Should be about '67 vintage but I don't have the
   numbers with me.  $1500.

Overdrive B trans, 3-main with backup light switch.  The gears look good
   through the inspection cover, but heck, it uses the same gears as the
   non-OD tranny and those are a dime a dozen.  $500

Both of these are a little too heavy for shipping to be an economical option.
The first person with cash in hand to show up at

6986 Carthage Street
San Diego, CA

when I'm there gets the parts.  And while you're there, you can rummage
around in the 1100 parts.  Does that sound like heaven, or what?

BTW, this whole place (London) is held together with Posi-driv screws.  One
Underground (subway) train car could provide enough screws for an entire
MGB.  One of these nights...  And Posi-driv screwdrivers are sold in even
the tiniest hardware stores.  They're called something rational and
descriptive like "star" screwdivers.

Missing my MG's,
Denise