FW: 2.0 litre kits + DCOE carbs

To: mgs
Subject: FW: 2.0 litre kits + DCOE carbs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 13:33:04 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match "/WINMAIL.DAT/i" at
line 27]

     Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 15:35:00 EDT
     From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
     Subject: 2.0 litre kits + DCOE carbs

From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
WROTE
"I've heard that the Weber 45 DCOE is an excellent carb, once you get
it tuned right, but that it's a little much for a daily-driven
street engine."

I have had a 45DCOE on my MGB for over  a year and love it. It took me
almost 2 months of fiddling to get the jetting correct. Since then it has
been running like a champ. It really pulls well from about 1500rpm all
the way to 5500rpm. I have the jetting slightly rich as I prefer this to
slightly lean (I tend to run the car very hard). Fuel economy is about
28mpg. The only negative part is that I do not have a heated manifold, so
in winter it takes about 1 mile for the intake manifold to warm up enough
for the carb to work properly.

"How about the 40 DCOE?"

I have never seen any reference to an MGB using a SINGLE DCOE 40. I think
they should only be used in pairs.

gerry