Re: contact cleaner

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: contact cleaner
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:32:40 -0700 (PDT) (9:32 am 16:32 UT)
  I recall my first summer job at Caltech.  We were having some trouble
with the paper-tape reader on the teletype terminal (No, I haven't just
dated myself.  Not at all.) so I sprayed the spring-loaded contacts with
freon contact cleaner.  As I watched, to my horror, the entire assembly
self-destructed with springs and contacts flying all over the room,
landing in the plotter and other delicate machinery (We were doing NMR
research, tuned for Nitrogen).
  The research team awarded me the poster of the fellow collapsed over
his teletype with an axe embedded in it.
  Luckily there was a backup paper tape reader, and professor Roberts was
a forgiving man.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*