Re: contact cleaner

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: contact cleaner
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 18:05:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Philippe Tusler!!

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

> freon contact cleaner.  As I watched, to my horror, the entire assembly
> self-destructed with springs and contacts flying all over the room,

Hmmm, you've just illustrated the (in)famous principle of "make the
decision for them" with reguard to industrial equipment and budgets...

And triumphant little voice inside you was saying: "Now they'll HAVE to
fix it!!"

>   Luckily there was a backup paper tape reader, and professor Roberts was
> a forgiving man.

We maintenance guys are pretty forgiving also... unless we're lied to

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who's dealt with lots of frustrated crews and worn
                      out equipment)