Free Piston Rings?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Free Piston Rings?
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:42:53 -0400
Picked up a set of piston rings the other day at a yard sale for $2.00.
All brand new, in the box, on the vague hope they might fit either the
1500 Spitfire, or the early (little engine) MGTF.  But I can't tell what
they are...yet.

Now, I haven't a clue what they are, so if you can identify them, and
use  them, and they are not for my engine, there yours for the cost of
the stamps to mail them (probably a buck or so).  'Course, if someone
does identify them, and I can use them, then I'm keeping them :-)

The company is Covmo Apex.  Model number I think is CAXC 15 (that's on
the side of the box).  Beside  that in small letters is 4x1x8-1/4.
The blister packs inside say A/10727 +20"

Figured they shouldn't go out to the trash, but to an appropriate owner
who could actually use them.  Maybe they're something special for
someone.