Re: Where Are Those Guys?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Where Are Those Guys?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 19:37:26 -0700
At 11:33 AM 6/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, they were _supposed_ to be in Fairbanks by now.  They're scheduled
>to be in Grapevine TX a month from now, so, no, they're not anywhere near
>finished.  I just sent email to brit_run@juno.com but I think if they were
>still on line they would have let us know something.  Maybe the second
>laptop got destroyed and they're beyond compucivilization.

I suspect you're right, Kevin.

I thought I posted a message about this two days ago but apparently it
didn't get out.

When I left them in 100 Mile House, BC they were heading for Prince George
and hoped to find a public access ISP at a local public library or some
such.  Carol ( and Barney) had a JUNO account for the Brit Run to the Sun
but once they crossed the border they couldn't access Juno with the numbers
they had.  We discussed it around the campfire and assumed they'd be able to
access their accounts once they crossed the line north back into the States.
I guess we assumed wrong.  If they couldn't get Juno access in BC or Alaska
and they couldn't find a public ISP in Prince George or Fairbanks they have
no hope of communicating with us till they cross back into the contiguous US.

I too have started to wonder what's happened to them. I'm an official part
of the run having driven 600 TC miles round trip to hook up with them.
(Barney decreed it was far enough and mounted a badge on my car.) I also
assume I was the last to have seen them.  There was a list member in
Fairbanks who was instrumental in the jump from chatter to action.  Anyone
know him?  Has he seen them?

I have Carol's nephews e-mail address here, it's the way she planned on
contacting her MGA owning sister.  I'll check with them and report back ASAP.

Cheers,
Brit Run to the Sun #8

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT